Nov 19, 2009
11/19/09: A Bump In The Road for Phillip Bear
Last night I cut out all the pieces and there are lots of them. Most of the pieces need to be cut twice, one right side up and one right side down on the fabric. As I mentioned earlier, that's why I made the yellow pieces. They would all go right side down. It was a perfect plan. You can see in my picture from the night before that I had it all laid out correctly. Well, after I took that picture, I moved things around a bit to get some pieces to match up better. Then last night I laid a few down to finish and put a yellow one right side up! I didn't notice this until I went to match everything up before I went to bed. I was so excited to see how it was all going to come together and could already envision Phillip Bear with his blue body and white spots in just the right places. Then I saw the blue back was going to have one side inside out if I went with what I cut. Oops! I'm guessing this happens to every bear maker at least once. At least that's what I'm telling myself! Tonight I will lay that pattern piece (right side down) on some of the remaining fabric and I'll be good to go.